........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Thursday 30 December 2021

The Temptation To Narcissism

is one of the less recognised
aspects of becoming a parent;
that parents do not see it coming,
make it all the easier to be true.

How else to explain self-absorption
when it is unclear where it comes from? 

I am of the wrong generation
to take seriously the present day issue
of claiming to be, or becoming, non-binary,
though I respect how people wish to be known.

I am 'a he', plain and simple
and given the example of my parents
I have chosen to never to become one.

But for those who are non-binary,
depending on which theory they go by,
they could be any one of five different genders,
with corresponding choices of how to be adults,
only two of which will propagate the species.

In none of those five gender roles
are they free of the need to forgive,
particularly to the children
who might want to be like them
and might well want to be different.

Forgiveness is the key,
for all five genders/choices
to keep choice wider in future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment