........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Sunday 12 December 2021

Great Turn Offs of Our Time (23)

'He may be a criminal but he is our criminal'
is a phrase that many invoke, when they settle
on some particularly choice lawyer, leader,
or politician with his shiny charisma,
who they know is a criminal but they think
'as long as he is criminal for me
I can control him and he is the criminal, not me.
I can disown his criminality as my employee.'.

But the point about criminality is it's dishonesty.
When we employ somebody else to steal for us
whoever we employ is as likely to steal from us,
and lie by omission about it to our faces
as they are to tell us that thy have done our bidding.

The real question with any criminal practice
is how long it takes for it to be discovered,
and who will be most destroyed by it's discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment