........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Tuesday 23 November 2021

I Do Not Worship Growth

particularly where that growth is of religions
-where belief amounts to a monoculture
that denies the diversity of the past.

There ever expanding statistics
for conversions are an article of faith
within a hyper capitalistic society
where the pressure for infinite growth
also applies itself through money.

My faith is in sustaining
my long term unemployability
as the main means to self control,
one of the nine fruits of the Holy Spirit.

There my frugality means being inventive
in discovering how to live,
and accepting the fragility of others. 

Modern materialism is a blind alley
that pushes people towards a brutality
which denies the shrinkage
it always leads to, in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment