........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Monday 1 March 2021

Picture Set Of The Month - March - Safer Sanitation For Women

Agnes said 'I am very happy because I don't have to
collect grass every morning to put on the roof'. 
Athanasia's toilet constructed under a eucalyptus tree
was built for her by her community.
It has a view of Gitwa.
  

Marie Pierrette's toilet is the chance for her
to be creative 'It is quite small' she said
'I wash and clean it every day. I try to do my best'.

Marie Lydia's toilet was built when nearly everybody
else in the village had theirs. Marie said
'We paid for our first toilet by ploughing 
other people's land'. 
All photos taken by Elena Heatherwick for Wateraid.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment