........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Tuesday 10 November 2020

A Life Of Two Halves?

The person I trust most in this life
has a misanthropists outlook
where with consistent rigour
he finds the worst in human behaviour
and sees it as if it were the norm.

Half the time I know he is right,
I accept the same media as him,
along with some sources he refuses,
and what he believes is easily confirmed.

The rest of the time I accept
that I try to be a qualified optimist,
where the limiting parameters
of my optimism are limiting indeed.

I don't know which half is truer
or precisely where in me
the divider between the two lands.
What I settle for is that at my best
I create around me and a sustainable life
that allows for others to be both chippy*
or happy, and accepts that others are entitled
to find life in the depths of despair.

Between the extremes
I would like to be their escape
from the depths of human hypocrisy
when life Fucking Well hurts,
particularly when others say
that the hurt 'is healing and wholesome'.


*as in 'having a chip on his shoulder'
-a sense of guilt or the fear
of having stolen something,
the chip being a piece of wood
that at a chippie/carpenter steals
from their employer.

No comments:

Post a Comment