........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Wednesday 15 July 2020

Dysfunctionally Yours

Some believe in excelling in this life,
doing their 10,000 hours with their gift
when young, so that when they are adults
their talent will bring them wealth
enough to keep them through adulthood.

This usually means a life of excess
through insecurities where they don't know
who or what to turn to for the most apt support.

In my life I have excelled at nothing
beyond surviving the repeated failure
to adapt, and achieve enough, materially
to make a front that makes me 'normal'.
Retirement is the nearest activity
that I found that matches normality.

Out of my slow and wonderful failure
I have refined a character that nobody else wants
and nobody is jealous enough to seek to own,
which will go unmourned when it is gone.

Long may it be so.


No comments:

Post a Comment