........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Tuesday 21 May 2019

Whatever You Change, Change Nothing

I don't understand politics today,
as they are going on in my country.

I don't understand the point of my vote.

The older the party
the less effective their leader,
and still they expect
to command the respect
from 'the average voter'.

The newer the party
the smaller and less stable it is,
and the simpler the message.

Many small parties
are just small step up
from being a pressure group,
or a collection of lobbyists.

The smaller the party
the more their function
is less to see their policies enacted, intact,
and more to frighten the larger parties
into adopting weak versions
of the smaller parties radicalism,
which in reality will change nothing.

Is their life within green-wash?
gay-wash? and grey-wash?
And other pretend-inclusive policies?

I doubt it, but it is the mission
of democracy to test ideas to extinction.    

No comments:

Post a Comment