........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Wednesday 27 February 2019

The Three Fates

My choices are plain-get a religion
or adopt a tight philosophical position
with a strong deterministic logic to it
like Christianity Islam or Marxism
and adapt my true self to live by it.
As long as I don't buy into the idea
that my creed is all that matters,
then that might be half right.

Or believe that the world is absurd,
and since nothing makes sense
there is no point in forcing the world
into a shape that only I recognise
-it would be cosmic anthropomorphism
(see above-but on a much bigger scale).

Or contemplate on my own extinction
in advance of it happening-it surely will
happen in this life whatever Eternity brings.

My thoughts will not force the day
to be get closer than it otherwise would,
but they will make the deaths of others
close to me that I have to endure easier
to carry and make the life I have
before my departure seem calmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment