........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Thursday 7 June 2018

Us And Them

I often feel out of my depth with other people.

When I meet people I don't know what to say
that would please them and make me their friend.
When I am obliged to speak the right words won't come.
Awkwardness takes over and blunts my speech.

Because of this I no longer expect to be wanted,
much less liked, though I can have a fine time on-line,
where pretending to like/be liked is the order of the day.

I console myself, up to a point, by concidering
the thousands of years through which dogs have befriended humans
and the humans have not recognized the depth of companionship on offer to them.

To their loss humans continually under-rate
how dogs find more companionship in us than we see in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment