........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Thursday 19 June 2014

The Bubbles Of Life

On my recent rest in France I was being
my usual virtuous self, taking empty bottles
to the public bins, for recycling.
Tidying up the area by the bottle deposit
where others had left their bottles on the ground.
I picked up a champagne bottle,
that was full with it's seal intact,
the label scratched, faint and faded.
I took it home, and saved it for a meal
with a friend. By some odd chance
it had matured beyond the usual maturity
and it was less bubbly than usual,
and it proved heady and delicious.
It was truly a memorable drink.
My only disappointment was that on my return
with the next batch of bottles for recycling
there was not another bottle left there 'for me'.
Serendipity brought me hope but would not repeat it itself.    
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment