........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Tuesday 10 June 2014

The Art Of Conversation

I went to see an exhibition of paintings
by the amateur society in the town
where I like to take my holidays.
As I made to leave the ladies manning the mounts
eagerly asked me 'Did you enjoy it?'.
Being tactful I replied 'Oh, these events
are always Curates eggs-good in part'.
As we further engaged I spoke of my experience
of working on my own, painting abstract paintings.

I explained how I did it for my sense of colour
and enjoyment of the moment. 'What I don't get'
I said to the ladies 'Is how as amateurs
you coach each other, or how do you recieve external help?
And how does each of you choose the subjects for your art?'
Some of the subjects chosen were clearly beyond
the skill of the artists who had chosen to paint them.
To finish I said 'But where it looks good on the wall it is fine.'.
I sought to bring some elan to the conversation,
whatever the level of finesse coming from the paintings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment