........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Sunday 25 August 2013

What The Gods Of Education Did For Me

On the whole the formal education
wrought for me by my elders and betters
worked out quite well.
I got a first in accepting being lied to for decades.
Because I could not tell lies from truth.
I was blind to how I was deceived.
Because of this everything in life was mislabeled.
I also got A grades with commendations
in the subjects of Deep Despair,
Following directions which made me a loss-leader
for the profit of others, and finally
Being Absolutely Useless.
Best of all was the long term pass for The University Of Life
through the long term inability to be employable.
I got all this and more, much much more, in lieu
of a foundation fit for shinning up the greasy pole
with a movement that looked something like 'a career'.

No comments:

Post a Comment