........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Tuesday 27 August 2013

My Secret Passion

I thought I would tell the people
about my secret passion -
to clear the air
(I like to share)
besides, it was in fashion.

So first I told my doctor.
His words were not unkind
He said "I'm sure
we'll find a cure,"
and patted my behind.

And then I told my mother.
I thought she would be glad
She cried a lot
and said "Do not
say anything to Dad."

But still I told my father,
his lips began to foam.
He paced the floor
And cursed and swore
And said "You can't come home."

And then I told my cronies,
their attitude was critical.
They murmured "Dearie
this is dreary
Please don't get political."

And last I told my boyfriend.
It roused his deepest fears.
Before he fled
he turned and said,
"I draw the line at queers."

No comments:

Post a Comment