........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Saturday 11 November 2023

In My Two Minute Silence

This Remembrance Saturday
I will contemplate the difference,
and the distance, between the 'victor's justice'
that the great powers, England, France,
the new U.S.S.R. and the ascendant USA,
all gave themselves at the end of World War One,
and what 'restorative justice'
could have looked like for the people
living in the countries that made up
the dependent empires of each of those countries
England, France, the U.S.S.R,, and the USA,
which systematised asset stripping on scales
so grand they looked obscene when measured,
and furthered definitively undemocratic norms. 

I may take more time in my exploration
than Armistice day considers to be justified.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment