........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Tuesday 31 May 2022

I Can't Get No Facebook Satisfaction

Yes, I do have a facebook account,
I was persuaded to have it, to 'keep up'
with people who said they were my friends.

Now I no longer have to see them.

What they failed to tell me
was that my 'feed' would be laden
with adverts for multi-national charities
who say they are committed to ending poverty
when they appear more to be part of the problem.

I would believe in the sincerity of their mission more
if the young actresses that they employed
to say the words the persuade people to give
looked much more plain that they do,
and had donated the thousands of pounds
they had clearly on make up and plastic surgery
to the cause, instead of adding to the problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment