........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Thursday 16 January 2020

The Circular Problem

We are at our best and most basic
when we live by our basic needs.

But society is built on lies about want,
which, egged on by easy debt, become a greed
that we are collectively disinclined to recognise.

I would have been happy to work
if the work was useful, it esteemed me,
and the pay met my needs well enough.

But all the times that I was paid
for my time I felt laid waste to,
and held to the promises of a future
that was always infinitely postponed.

The best work I ever did
was volunteer work
where when I chose to be there
it was because
I saw less of the management.
 .
Nowadays I lay waste to my time
without supervision, as cheaply
as the government need me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment