........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Monday 28 October 2019

The Quiet Page

When people say 'Don't live in the past'
what the usually mean is 'Don't talk to me
about your pasts when I was never there'.
Which would be fair enough if as we lived
we lived fully in the present moment
and shared everything there was to share
and shared the next moment equally fully
sufficient for the past to not be an issue.

But we don't live fully in the present,
fully in the past, or fully in any state
between them. All is conditional
and the noisier and fuller our lives
and the more conditioned we will be
to go further away from sharing fully
in any present. Instead we will be tired,
irritable, and prone to error
in how we talk, listen and act.

But there is a way of going back.
In the quiet of this page let me urge
you to enjoy the still moments
that you find yourself in as much I try to.

Unworthy of these still moments as I am,
they always accept me as I might be.   

No comments:

Post a Comment