........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Tuesday 10 October 2017

Telling Stories

is an ingrained habit for humans,
who clearly like to detain each other,
at length with expansive narratives.

The technology by which we do this
has vastly expanded our means of being entertained.

The problem is that as our stories get retold
many a story travels less well
than it's teller likes to think;
the less personal the means of conveyance
the tighter the script needs to be
to refresh it's audience properly.

But in our deathly self absorption
we continue to insist we are 'entertaining'
with repeats of old stories that have become cliche.

God save you all from my when I become bored with myself
-you will spot it before I do.....

No comments:

Post a Comment