........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Tuesday 20 December 2011

When Uncertainty Is The Best Certainty

Modern scientific thinking
seems so Fundamentalist to me
that I can only liken it
to be hardened sclerotic thinking.

It echoes the win-lose logic
of the Old Testament-where with certainty
the major and minor prophets won the argument,
because as they wrote they locked the readers
of what they wrote out of other, unrecorded, histories
-without us ever realising how typically alpha male
writing that creates blinkered thinking is.

I am just not macho enough to use words
like 'delusion' or 'phobia' about others unchecked.
Every day I thank my maker for the uncertainty
and creativity, in the days through which I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment